If you are interested in this topic I will be conducting a free webinar titled Data Breach Protection: From a Database Perspective on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 10:30 am CDT. This presentation will provide an overview of the data breach problem, providing examples of data breaches, their associated cost, and series of best practices for protecting your valuable production data.
This webinar offers you the opportunity to:
- Understand the various laws that have been enacted to combat data breaches and the trends toward increasing legislation
- Learn how to calculate the cost of a data breach based on industry best practices and research from leading analysts
- Gain knowledge of several best practices for managing data with the goal of protecting the data from surreptitious or nefarious access (and/or modification)
- Learn about the available techniques for securing, encrypting, and masking data to minimize exposure of critical data
- Uncover new data best practices for auditing access to database data and for protecting data stored for long-term retention